RCM Trombone Choir Joins Purcell School Trombones
Written By: Edward Solomon Comments: 0
On Thursday 22 November 2012, trombonists of the Purcell School, Bushey join the Royal College of Music Trombone Choir for a recital of music for large trombone ensemble from the 16th century to the present. The concert starts at 6:30pm and takes place at the Purcell School, Aldenham Road, Bushey, Hertfordshire. Admission is free.
- Earl of Oxford's March - William Byrd arr. Roger Harvey
- Toccata - Girolamo Frescobaldi arr. Vern Kagarice
- Passacaglia in C minor, BWV 582 - Johann Sebastian Bach arr. Donald Hunsberger
- Back to the Fair - traditional arr. Bill Reichenbach
- Tingueley's Fountain - Simon Wills
- Adagio - Samuel Barber arr. Eric Crees
- Riffem and Blues - Dan Jenkins
- Send in the Clowns - Steven Sondheim arr. Irv Wagner
- Pink Panther - Henry Mancini arr. Tutti Camarata
- Layla - Eric Clapton arr. Eric Crees
The RCM Trombone Department has enjoyed a growing reputation in recent years. The Trombone Choir received 'honourable mention' in the 2012 International Trombone Association Remington Competition for trombone ensembles. Three students (Barnaby Philpott, Andrew Groom, and Rory Cartmell) were members of the Gustav Mahler Youth Orchestra for the Easter course and European tour 2012.
Individual successes are numerous with recent and current students successfully auditioning and trialing for many UK orchestras including:
- Principal trombone: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, English National Opera, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, Opera North.
- Sub-principal trombone: BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Ulster Orchestra.
- Bass trombone: Philharmonia Orchestra, BBC National Orchestra of Wales.
This entry was posted on October 26, 2012
Share this article