International Brass Quartet Competition, Paris
Instrumentation: two trumpets, horn, trombone or two trumpets and two trombones
- J. S. Bach: The Art of the Fugue (Editions Fortin-Armiane)
- L. van Beethoven: March from The Ruins of Athens (Editions Fortin-Armiane)
- G. Gershwin: Bess, you is my woman now from Porgy and Bess (Editions Fortin-Armiane)
- G. Gabrieli: Canzona (Edition Fortin-Armiane)
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Flight of the Bumble Bee from The Tales of Tsar Sultan (Edition Fortin-Armiane)
- G. Bizet: Overture to Carmen (Edition Fortin-Armiane)
Sheet music may be purchased from Editions Fortin-Armiane, 16 rue Ganneron, F-75018, Paris; Tel. +33 1 48 74 28 21, Fax +33 1 40 23 98 67, [email protected].
- The competition is open to all brass quartets of any nationality without age limit.
- The first round will be held on 22 March 2013 and the finals will be on 23 March 2013 at 8:00 pm. The final round is open to the public.
- The competition registration fee is €50.
- The contestants will be notified as to what time they will compete in the first round. Contestants' names will be randomly drawn on 1 March 2013, scheduled according to the order in which they were drawn. Deadline for returning application forms: 1 March 2013.
- The jury's decisions cannot be appealed. The jury reserves the right to interrupt candidates when necessary.
- First Prize: €1500
- Second Prize:€1000
- Prix du Conseil Général des Hauts de Seine
- Prix de la Commune de Ville d'Avray,
- Prix du Public
Several concert engagements may be offered to competition winner or winners, however, without payment.
For further details, please see http://ensembledecuivres.asso-web.com.
Share this article