Ben van Dijk premiere in Manchester
Written By: David Read Comments: 0
Sunday 22 February 2009
Lord Rhodes Room
Royal Northern College of Music
Admission Free (but necessary to guarantee your place in advance)
Please contact Chris Houlding at [email protected] or write c/o Royal Northern College of Music, 124 Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9RD.
Ben van Dijk (bass trombone, Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra/professor, Rotterdam Conservatory)
Niels Ole Bo Johansen (professor, Arhus Academy, Denmark)
Chris Houlding (professor, Folkwang Hochschule, Essen/professor, Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester)
Royal Northern College of Music Trombone Ensemble
- World première of new work entitled Tell Me for tenor and bass trombone by Ilja Reijngoud (Chris Houlding/Ben van Dijk).
- British première of new work for two trombones entitled Jericho 2.0 for two trombones and electronics by Wayne Siegel, Director of Danish Institute of Electronic Music (Niels Ole Bo Johansen/Chris Houlding).
- Solos by Ben van Dijk, Niels Ole Bo Johansen and Chris Houlding, including music by Berio (Sequenza V) and Hillborg (Hautposaune).
- Music for trombone ensemble by Bach, Revel, Wills & Mogensen (Areas and Dreams of Love for Eight Trombones & Electronics).
- Grand finale: warm up from the winter chill and bring along your instrument to take part in a massed workshop and performance of ITF 2007 commission Las Vegas for large trombone ensemble by Eric Crees.
For anyone who has enjoyed Chris Houlding's, solo album Houlding His Own, here is an opportunity for a sneak preview of two newly commissioned works to be included on the forthcoming Duet CD album, which will also include works by Simon Wills, Pete Meechan and Michael Hennagin, with Joseph Alessi, Brett Baker and Don Lucas.
Share this article